Marriage and Family Services was incorporated in 2005 and our goal and focus was to create a holistic treatment center with services for adults, young children and families. We began as a private-sector agency, accepting private insurance and private pay while offering adults, families and children needing help with parenting, challenging behavior, trauma, through play therapy, and social skills groups as well as free parenting seminars in the community.
In addition, Marriage and Family Services made referrals for Psychiatric services and Occupational Therapy in identified children. Later, in 2008, Marriage and Family Services contracted with Palm Beach County Head Start and Early Head Start to provide mental health services for preschool-age children. We are now servicing 3 different organizations in 2 counties for both Head Start and Early Head Start.
We further expanded to become a Medicaid Community Behavioral Health provider to provide further services for this at-risk population, which has such great need for quality mental health services.
Marriage and Family Services works to improve the lives of children and families through high quality services.
- A client’s therapy is our first priority.
- We employ only competent well-trained professionals.
- Our clinical team has years of experience working with infants and young children in addition to adults and couples
- Registered Play Therapists, Infant Mental Health Specialists and EMDR therapists (or are working toward certification).
- Our directors have developed and conducted comprehensive clinical training programs for mental health professionals.
- We maintain the highest clinical standards. Before and after hiring therapists, clinical sessions are reviewed to assure their clinical abilities
- All therapists receive ongoing high quality training provided by the agency
- We advocate for the least restrictive, most responsive, and highest standards of care.
A leading force and authority in the treatment of young children with social, emotional or behavioral issues and a premier agency advocating for young children’s needs and the development of children’s services.
Trust, Compassion, Quality, Integrity
Programs & Services
- Adult Services (assessment, individual, family, & couples counseling)
- Assessments of children for Behavioral, Social, Emotional or Attachment Difficulties
- Individual/Small-Group Play Therapy (Play Groups conducted on-site at pre-schools and elementary schools-Please inquire now if you would like a Play Group at your school)
- Filial Therapy or Parent Child Psychotherapy
- Social skills groups (conducted on-site at schools-inquire now if your school would like to begin a social skills group)
- Teacher training
- Therapeutic shadowing (not covered by insurance)